Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Year of Passions



Happy New Year to you all!

2013 has come in quietly, bathed in the glow of candles lit at India Gate, marking a new beginning but a beginning in which we are all somewhere inside determined to bring about a change.  One only has to go online to see the resolutions so many are taking of giving up apathy towards the societal ills. Maybe this heralds a change which may go deep to the rotting spots in society and cleanse them out. 
Every year has its low moments. New Year becomes a symbol of hope. Whether it’s those diet regimes you’re struggling with, the job you want to change or the book you have been determined to write for the last five years but never got around to, it seems this year will get it done.
So it will. With a little help from your side. *smile*

This last happened to me. I had been thinking of writing but there never seemed to be time. Then one day a light bulb moment made me realise at this rate I would NEVER get around to it. So I made myself write that first page of the story I had going round and round in my head. Then Passions lll happened and Lady Luck smiled. 

In a nutshell, you have to take the chance. Whatever you dream of, and there is something for each one of us. Something we know we need to do, but won’t let ourselves. This year, take the first step, discipline yourself, reschedule your day, and FIND the time to chase your dream.
How many of you have wanted to write that story, the unique idea you got, when you were reading a book and something made you frown and think, if I was writing this, it wouldn’t happen this way...and off you’d go, in the world of your imagination, dreaming up new possibilities. 

So why not take the plunge today?
You yourself don’t know what you’re capable of until you try your limits.
On that note, wishing all of you a very happy and stress-free and flourishing New Year!
A last byte for the prospective Passions contestants, stay tuned for more on what I learnt in writing. Hopefully it will make your contest entry the tiniest bit easier.

Ciao!
Ruchita 














10 comments:

  1. all so very true, and I salute you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're completely right, Ruchita. Those little baby steps all add up until you have that goal in your sights.

    Good luck with your writing journey and I wish you a fabulous 2013 :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Xandra, every little effort counts and one shouldn't forget to reward oneself for at least trying.

      Thanks for your lovely wishes!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Ruchita! You're so right -- you have to chase your dream! Keep dreaming and keep writing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Adite. The very best to you too for the coming year, especially writingwise :)

      Delete
  4. You're right. It's so easy to say, 'I don't have the time.' I did exactly this. My partner made me realise how much time I did have by cutting out some TV, and using my travel to and from work. Now I can say I've written a book. I am a writer. Now for getting published. Good luck with your writing journey Ruchita.X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reemz,
      It takes someone who really cares to take you to task for your own good:) thanks for your wishes and good luck with getting published. You can do it.

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Ruchita. Great advice. You should never give up on your dreams. Wishing you all the best this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiru. Wish this year will be rocking for you too :)

      Delete