Wednesday 9 January 2013

2013...The year of Dreams coming true!


Hello everyone,

I am so excited that a bright new year has dawned and just like everyone else I hope 2013 brings in truck loads of good fortune. When good stuff happens we always wish the new year keeps the luck going but if the last one wasn’t really upto scratch we hope the tide turns and lady luck smiles upon us.

I’m no different. I always feel a new year is the perfect time to take stock of where we are and where we want to be. A time to reflect on what’s important and what’s not. A time to set goals and move forward with a lot of gusto and hope.

Personally for me, last year was truly incredible. Dreams I never even realized I had came true. After years of dabbling in different stuff I finally figured out what I wanted to do. I wanted to write. And what a start it was! My story was voted by you readers among the top three which was followed by a publication opportunity by Mills and Boon no less. I couldn’t have asked for a better debut.

We sometimes don’t know what we are capable of until we are pushed to do it.After winning the competition, for a while it was very daunting to think I had a whole novel to write. I felt intimidated and it took some time for me to realize I wasn’t getting anywhere just being afraid.

I just had to roll up my sleeves and get down to it. And guess what, before I knew it December was around and my manuscript was ready for print.

So what I’m trying to say is, its alright to be scared but that is not an excuse to not do something that you’ve set your heart upon. Take the leap... There’s no better time than new year to do so. It’s a clean slate... Start charting your destiny.

Best wishes

Mahi

5 comments:

  1. i hope my story also get into finals...then it will be really a happy new year for me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good and inspiring one. Hoping the best for this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mahi, you're so right. It always feels scary when you attempt something new, but stick to it and it gets better and easier. All the best for your writing journey. Can't wait to read your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ vandana Yes it will.. Keep ur fingers crossed :)
    @Suhasini Good luck.. Give it ur best shot.
    @Ruchi... I can't wait to meet you and looking fwd to urs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mahi, as they say 'darr ke aagey jeet hai!'. Good luck, and may you keep dreaming and winning! :)
    Adite

    ReplyDelete